Sunday, February 14, 2010

Making The Ride Worthwhile

It's Valentine's Day!  A day to let the people you love know that....well, that you love them. Still. And that you always will.

Isn't Valetine's great? It's so fun to look at all the little cards and bags of candy the boys bring home. I like walking into the grocery store for weeks and seeing rows of pink heart shaped cookies, piles of gorgeous roses, and glittery cards and plates in a sea of red and pink and white. I get a kick out of displays of jewelry and perfume and chocolates in big red boxes. It's wonderful that we set aside a day just to celebrate the thing that makes everything matter: Our loved ones.







Some quotes for your blog viewing pleasure..........


"Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction."
         --Antoine de Saint-Exupery


"Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle."  --Amy Bloom


"Whoso loves, believes the impossible." --Elizabeth Barrett Browning


And these quotes made me think of my wonderful husband, my best friend:


"All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon sand."  E.W. Wilcox


"Marriage is not merely sharing the fettucini, but sharing the burden of finding the fettucini restaurant in the first place."  --Calvin Trillin



"Grow old with me, the best is yet to be."  Elizabeth Barrett Browning



You know a quote you won't hear me celebrating? "Love means never having to say you're sorry."  Uh...what?  I don't THINK so.  Love means having to say you're sorry many, many times.  And it also means occasionally having to say, "Of course I love that sweater," and, "You don't LOOK fat," and "I DID like that thing you made," and, "No, that doesn't bother me at all." 






I am so fortunate to have so many people to love.  For my family and loved ones out there.....thank you for being part of my life.  I love you.


This one says it best:

"Love doesn't make the world go round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile."   --F.P. Jones

No comments: