Friday, February 19, 2010

Flowers in February

We went to the Botanical Gardens recently to see their Orchid Show.  We'd never been to the ABG, and we were impressed.  What a lovely place!! And of course, it will be even lovelier this spring and summer when the gardens are in bloom.


We toured the orchid show, which was amazing.  I'm not especially a flower person, but even I enjoyed taking in all the many varieties of orchids.  They are so beautiful!!











It was even more fun to bring our cameras and take pictures.  I took a bunch, Marty took a bunch, and for whatever reason I can't get mine to upload to the blog.  So these photos are all taken by Marty and aren't they spectacular?  His pictures came out way better than mine anyway.


The orchids remind me of silk parasols...they come in so many brilliant colors and are so delicately shaded and shaped.

We plan to go back this summer and take more pictures.  I want to take the boys, too, and have them see the children's garden and take their own cameras for some photo fun.

The show was great.  It was a refreshing reminder of flowers, spring, and beauty!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Gorgeous photos. I am seriously ready for our next family reunion so you and Marty can give me some lessons and teach me how to REALLY use my SLR.

I want to post these photos all over my house to remind me that yes, spring really will be here someday.