Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sam's Kick-The-Bucket List

Nope, not the good kind of Bucket List, where you write down all the things you want to do before you die.

This is Sam's list of 1000 Crazy Ways to Die.

Now I know that doesn't sound funny.  But this is how it is with boys. You take what you get.  Yeah, it would be nice to share a cute story about a tea party or a dress up fest or some new dolls. But I have boys and they are growing older and believe me, they talk about weird things sometimes.  These are my stories.

So Sam and his friend, while making the very long and dull bus ride home from school today, made this list. 

I only know about it because he and Benny were giggling over it in the backseat on the way home from Dairy Queen, and the conversation went along the lines of:

"Sammy, choose a number.  Nineteen?  That means you will be killed by a seal."

"Mom, choose a number. Eight? You are going to get it by a tsunami.  Marty chose eleven, he gets killed by a cat."

And on it went.

So I looked at the list and there are sixty items altogether.  Though it's kind of morbid, I will focus on the creativity shown in some of the possibilities....I do give them extra points for using their imagination.  And I like to encourage my kids to make lists. So.....


Some samples, with original spelling:


Explotion

Fork in the neck

2012

Hypertirmia   (hypothermia)

Big catipillar eats you

Brick in the head

Ivecular Snail bite  (Now I'm guessing this is a creature they just studied in school?)

Boil up

Be in a building while it crashes

Fish shoots you

Meteor Hit

Poison Pickle

Get Runover

Necular Tree (I have no idea.)

Electric Fence

Acid spitting snake gets you




And my favorite:   "Fake Baseball Bomb."
















Yeah, I hate it when that happens!!

2 comments:

Lou Hamilton said...

This had me laughing out loud! There's just something about boys! They think in ways that are completely foreign to we women and are just fascinating to listen to.

Thanks for the chuckle :)

Tracy said...

I missed this post the other day...

Absolutely hysterical. It is great that they are writing and using their imaginations and collaborating. All great skills!

Although, I'll be staying away from pickles for quite awhile.