Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stilts


For Christmas, the boys got a pair of stilts.  They were very excited.  But walking on the stilts proved far more difficult than they had planned.  There were many tumbles, many stumbles, and a good degree of discouragement.


But Benny preservered and he is getting very good at walking around on those things!


Naturally, they wanted me to try them, and yes, they ARE difficult.  Just getting up and getting one single step is much harder then it looks. But I did get to the point where I could stump around in them.  Benny was both awed and dismayed.  He said, "You're better at that than me."  I told him to keep trying, that it was like riding a bike...it took a while to get the hang of it, but in time it would be very easy.  And he did!  We especially enjoy clopping around on the porch.  I wonder what the deer think when they come to the yard and see us walking around on an extra pair of legs?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You were brave to try! I hope Benny posts pictures of you on HIS blog.