Friday, November 6, 2009

A Blonde Moment

Yesterday we were driving home from soccer practice. I asked Sam a question; I don't even remember what it was now. But he stammered, answered, changed his mind, flip-flopped around, paused and said, "Hang on. I'm having a blonde moment."

I laughed and asked him where he had even heard of such a thing, and he said, school. (Of course.) I asked him if he knew what it meant. He said, "Um....being weird? Kind of....strange?"
I said, no, it's a comment that implies you are forgetful and not all that smart. But it's meant to be a joke, not really an insult.
Sam said, oh. Then he explained how many kids said it at school, and how, and why, and in what order.

The things they pick up! I thought it was hilarious to hear my nine-year old son use the term "blonde moment." And it helps that he's blonde. And blue-eyed. And cute.

Makes me wonder what he'll hear next!

No comments: