Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Rainbow

A couple of nights ago we were headed to the football game to take pictures. It had been raining off and on all day. Suddenly we caught sight of this magnificent rainbow!


We stopped at Chick Fil A to eat, and I took these pictures from the parking lot. Everyone ( and I mean everyone) was pulling over, getting out of their cars, and using their cel phone cameras to take a picture of it.

I just happened to be breaking in my brand new D700, and this was the very first two pictures I took with it. I think it's a good luck sign, personally!
So now we joke that at the end of the rainbow, lies a WALMART. Who knew?

Just a few minutes later the rainbow disappeared and the rain fell. But it was great while it lasted!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I agree with that woman...you should sell it to Walmart with the slogan "You don't need a pot of gold to afford our treasures." Or some other cheesy saying. They might pay 88 cents for it!
Great shots. I want to have another family reunion soon so you and Marty can give me some photography classes. I've got to get my Rebel off of auto mode and give it a run for its money.

Kelly Bingham said...

Yeah, that sounds fun! Marty can give you lots of tips on lighting and meters and whatnot. I forgot...do you use photoshop? A few little nudges make a great picture greater.